Q-QUIZ JULY 2019
Q-QUIZ JULY 2019
Basics of technical statistics
Q-DAS tests your knowledge of technical statistics. Can you cope with our questions?
1. What is the quintessence of Taguchi’s loss function?
- You experience a loss when you try to reach a target value.
- The more your product specification deviates from the target value, the less the loss of quality.
- You experience a loss of quality the moment your product specification deviates from the target value.
2. Which statistic describes the number with the highest frequency in a sample?
3. Which pair of parameters describes the normal distribution model?
- Expectation µ and standard deviation σ
- Range R and median
- Maximum value and inflection point
4. Which series includes nominally scaled values?
- 30°C, 40°C
- Table, chair, picture frame
- Grade 1, grade 2
5. The values of a sample show several peaks in a histogram which shows that…
- the samples of several populations are mixed (e.g. data from different cavities, batches, etc.).
- the sample values were subject to random influences.
- the sample includes several outliers.
6. In order to conduct a statistical procedure, you formulate a null and an alternative hypothesis. The statistical procedure accepts or rejects…
- the null hypothesis.
- the alternative hypothesis.
- the null and alternative hypothesis.
7. Which quality control chart allows for minor systematic deviations of the distribution of characteristics?
- Shewhart control chart for standard deviations
- Shewhart median chart
- Acceptance chart for averages
Our Q-QUIZ is published once a month. You can find the answer to all questions of the current quiz online with the release of the next quiz.