Q-QUIZ AUGUST 2019
Q-QUIZ AUGUST 2019
A challenge in terms of statistics and probability to all grill masters
August is barbecue season. Our current Q-QUIZ poses a challenge in terms of statistics and probability to all grill masters (source: Statista).
2015 - 13.8 No. in m
2016 - 14.3 No. in m
2017 - 14.4 No. in m
2018 - 13.0 No. in m
1) What is the range of the number of Germans having a barbecue at least once a month?
- 0.8 millions
- 1.4 millions
- 13.875 millions
2) What is the median of all kings of the grill from 2015 to 2018?
- 13.8 millions
- 14.05 millions
- 14.3 millions
3) 67% of all Germans prefer a charcoal grill, 19% use an electric grill and 11% a gas barbecue. How many people – rounded to the nearest million – used a charcoal grill in 2017?
- 10 millions
- 11 millions
- 12 millions
4) Before having a barbecue, you have to buy the food to be grilled. In order to withdraw the money you need at a cashpoint, you have to enter a four-digit PIN. Assuming that person X left his debit card in the ATM machine, what is the probability that the person finding his card immediately guesses the correct numeric password?
5) Assuming that the person finding the card tries to enter the number three times in a row, what is the probability that all three PINs are incorrect so that the ATM machine keeps the card?
- 98.44 %
- 96.29 %
- 99.97 %
6) After everything finally went well, there are 5 sausages, 2 steaks and 3 pork skewers on the grill. What is the probability that the host – without asking – puts a steak on your plate?
7) There is a raffle right after the barbecue. Your host passes around two containers of tickets. 10% of the tickets in the first container are winning ones whereas 85% of the tickets in the second container are blank ones. What is the probability that you obtain a winning ticket from both containers?
Our Q-QUIZ is published once a month. You can find the answer to all questions of the current quiz online with the release of the next quiz.